The Assembler is responsible for assisting with the daily production of assembling our metal grain storage products
Essential Job Functions:
- Efficiently and accurately assemble metal components/parts with correct fit, fastening parts and subassemblies according to job specifications defined in blueprint drawings; including but not limited to, assembling fans, unload/augers, roof rafters, dryers, etc.
- Use appropriate tools to assemble and fasten all parts per engineering and quality standards
- Assist with material set up and parts coordination
- Assist with the assembly of hardware kit boxes
- Assist with roll former machine operation and collection of metal products at the end of line
- Inspection of the quality of assembled components/parts prior to going to QC for final inspection
- Assist other assembly stations and transfer to other departments (e.g. fabrication) as needed
- Maintain equipment, tools, and work area in a neat and orderly fashion
- Report and document basic material, production, and quality control issues
- Operate hand & power tools, and other equipment as required to complete projects
- Perform assigned tasks to time standards and quality expectations
- Maintain professional, respectful relationships with internal and external customers
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with all safety procedures, rules, and regulations
- Assist other team members to get job done, as well as other duties as assigned
- Metal manufacturing experience preferred
- Basic ability to read a tape measure, understand blueprints and other shop drawing aids
- Ability to multi-task, handle multiple priorities and work in a repetitive and fast-paced environment
- Must possess strong organizational skills and be detail-oriented
- Must possess excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Routinely walking, standing, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, stooping, reaching, and handling
- Ability to lift at least (75) pounds
- Working near moving mechanical parts; near noise routinely, and exposed to outdoor elements
Pre-employment drug screens required.
EEO/Drug Free Workplace.
Please contact Human Resources at HR@superiorbins.com if you have any questions or need assistance.
To apply for a position, please send a completed Employment Application and/or a resume to HR@superiorbins.com.
*Please note what position you are applying for in the subject line of email.
We offer competitive wages and benefits package, including: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Health Savings Account, AFLAC products, Paid Time Off, Funeral Pay, Holiday Pay, 401k Retirement