DIRECTOR OF MANUFACTURING OPERATIONS
The Director of Manufacturing Operations will be responsible for providing leadership and oversight of the organization’s manufacturing operations, focusing on strategic planning, company-wide initiatives, goal-setting, and alignment through ongoing continuous improvement efforts to enhance quality, productivity, and efficiency; while representing the company with high professionalism, integrity and respect.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for overall manufacturing strategy including appropriate staffing, capacity utilization, resource allocation, and budget management
- Develop and deploy strategic manufacturing plans that include manufacturing site capacity, technology, process capability/controls, and talent development that is aligned with operations objectives, quality objectives, product requirements, and business strategies
- Assuring that raw materials/components are effectively used, minimizing scrap/waste, and optimizing inventory levels balancing purchase costs with carrying inventory
- Reviewing production equipment, focusing on utilization rates while identifying potential bottlenecks and replacement needs
- Assure customer orders are satisfied timely, working with production planning team to meet production commitments
- Develop new and creative ideas to improve productivity in a team environment
- Supervise and work closely with the production teams to ensure quality and productivity objectives are exceeded
- Establish and implement improvements for cost reduction, quality assurance and production
- Build and maintain open, honest working relationships with others to set goals, resolve problems and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness
- Ensure that company quality objectives are being met on a consistent basis. Train production staff on quality assurance procedures and policy
- Supervise Engineering and Design to develop and build better products for our customers, the most efficient manner possible
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with all safety procedures, rules and regulations
- All other duties assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering / Manufacturing Management or related degree; or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 7 years of overall manufacturing experience in a leadership role
- In-depth experience with quality processes, inventory management & continuous improvement methodologies
- Hands-on design, manufacturing, and engineering experience
- Proven project management, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated experience leading continuous improvement and change management activities
- Ability to work independently and be a self-motivator
- Computer skills required (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Computer skills preferred (Syteline, Shop-Trak)
Pre-employment drug screens required.
EEO/Drug Free Workplace.
Please contact Human Resources at HR@superiorbins.com if you have any questions or need assistance.
To apply for a position, please send a completed Employment Application and/or a resume to HR@superiorbins.com.
*Please note what position you are applying for in the subject line of email.
We offer competitive wages and benefits package, including: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Health Savings Account, AFLAC products, Paid Time Off, Funeral Pay, Holiday Pay, 401k Retirement