The Machine Operators are responsible for the daily setup and operation of fabrication equipment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Set up and operate fabricating machines (e.g. Press Brakes, Trumpf, Stamtec, Floor machine, etc.)
- Load, install and correctly set up the proper tools required
- Ability to read blueprints and shop drawings to assure production is accurate to specifications
- Verifies conformance of work pieces to specifications, using square, ruler and measuring tape
- Perform assigned work to time standards and quality expectations
- Safely operate forklifts and other equipment to handle materials and completed work
- Make routine decisions and use problem solving to resolve basic manufacturing issues or seek assistance
- Assist other operators on other machines as needed
- Report and document basic material, production and quality control issues
- Maintain performance log books on assigned area equipment and report any deficiencies
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with all safety procedures, rules and regulations
- All other duties assigned
- Minimum 1 year experience in a metal manufacturing environment is preferred
- Basic fabrication background required
- Competent at basic dimensional measuring and math; as well as the ability to quickly learn the use of precision measurement tools
- Basic ability to read and understand blueprints and other shop drawing required
- Ability to work with various types of metal forming constraints with guidance
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Routinely sitting, walking, standing, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, stooping, reaching and handling
- Working near moving mechanical parts; near noise routinely, and exposed to outdoor elements
Pre-employment drug screens required.
EEO/Drug Free Workplace.
Please contact Human Resources at HR@superiorbins.com if you have any questions or need assistance.
To apply for a position, please send a completed Employment Application and/or a resume to HR@superiorbins.com.
*Please note what position you are applying for in the subject line of email.
We offer competitive wages and benefits package, including: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Health Savings Account, AFLAC products, Paid Time Off, Funeral Pay, Holiday Pay, 401k Retirement