Public relations specialist
The Public Relations Specialist will be responsible for creating, managing, and implementing PR campaigns with the goal of enriching Superior’s position within the public eye. This position will be responsible to maintain strong relationships with media representatives in a professional manner; as well as integrating promotional elements into marketing and maximizing communications channels to ensure the proper message is delivered to customers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plan and implement public relations programs designed to create and maintain a favorable public image for the company
- Promote products and services through public relations initiatives
- Develop and implement media planning, buying, and innovation strategies
- Create and deliver press releases, media relations content, case studies, white papers, social media content, and other communications as appropriate
- Plan and launch email-marketing campaigns
- Create and manage digital content on social media channels including, but not limited to: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Superior’s website, etc.
- Recommend, implement and maintain website design and operation
- Coordinate and attend trade shows (including press kits and press visits)
- Enforce brand-marketing guidelines in trademarks, logos, and all promotional items
- Work with manager to determine budgets and manage expenses to that budget
- Prepare and manage timelines for marketing projects
- Copy, edit, proofread, and revise communications
- Perform market and competitive research
- Participate in developing annual strategic marketing plans
- Create marketing and promotional materials, both print and electronic
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with all safety procedures, rules and regulations
- All other duties assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related discipline preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in marketing, communications or public relations
- Experience in agriculture industry preferred
- Experience with social media channels and strategy preferred
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office products and experience with design software a plus
- Writing, problem solving, decision making and research skills
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Required to have an insurable driving record to drive company vehicles
Pre-employment drug screens required.
EEO/Drug Free Workplace.
Please contact Human Resources at HR@superiorbins.com if you have any questions or need assistance.
To apply for a position, please send a completed Employment Application and/or a resume to HR@superiorbins.com.
*Please note what position you are applying for in the subject line of email.
We offer competitive wages and benefits package, including: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Health Savings Account, AFLAC products, Paid Time Off, Funeral Pay, Holiday Pay, 401k Retirement