This position is responsible for independently evaluating and applying mechanical engineering design techniques in solving technical problems pertaining to the structural design, development, and manufacturability of grain handling equipment. The structural engineer will provide engineering assistance to the design engineering team as well as the manufacturing team. This position will require creating or modifying drawings, specifications, calculations, for compliance to applicable codes, and accepted engineering practices.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform structural design and analysis calculations using governing codes and standards
- Perform field activities such as observe, record, and verify measurements on existing or prototype equipment
- Provide technical guidance to staff of other departments to achieve design goals
- Create and/or review proposed designs, specifications, and details for code compliance and feasibility
- Perform code research as require
- Organize, draft and coordinate technical documents
- Accurately develop models of all products utilizing SolidWorks software
- Working knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Participate in innovating new ideas for cost reduction and development of products
- Create new or revise existing designs, drawings, and bill of materials
- Create engineering change requests detailing the necessary changes to released designs
- Coordinate, facilitate, and attend internal and external meetings
- Perform assigned work to time standards and quality expectations
- Assist other staff with assignments as needed
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with all safety procedures, rules and regulations
- All other duties assigned
- Bachelors’ of Science in Mechanical or Structural Engineering
- Registered as a Professional Engineer
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a structural engineer
- 5-10 years’ experience with 3D modeling, with emphasis on SolidWorks
- Knowledge/background in agricultural equipment
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, and the ability to handle multiple priorities
- ERP/MRP operation system experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Routinely sitting, walking, standing, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, stooping, reaching and handling
- Working near moving mechanical parts; near noise routinely, and exposed to outdoor elements
Pre-employment drug screens required.
EEO/Drug Free Workplace.
Please contact Human Resources at HR@superiorbins.com if you have any questions or need assistance.
To apply for a position, please send a completed Employment Application and/or a resume to HR@superiorbins.com.
*Please note what position you are applying for in the subject line of email.
We offer competitive wages and benefits package, including: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Health Savings Account, AFLAC products, Paid Time Off, Funeral Pay, Holiday Pay, 401k Retirement