The Welder is responsible to perform steel mig welding in the fabrication, repair and maintenance of equipment parts, structures and other items as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Joins, fabricates, and repairs metal and other weldable material by applying appropriate welding techniques
- Interprets blueprints, specifications, diagrams or schematics to determine appropriate welding process
- Operates manual and automated welding units and equipment
- Maintains length of arc and speed of movement to form specified depth of fusion and bead
- Inspects completed welds to determine structural soundness
- Maintains records of work completed in order to provide an accounting of activities in the welding shop
- Maintains inventory of supplies and materials; order as needed
- Uses disc grinder to smooth out, weld, or grind parts
- Repairs any improperly welded pieces
- Operates drill presses, power saws, grinders, metal lathes and variety of welding equipment and hand tools
- Visualizes and develops models to fabricate other special assignments
- Verify all welds meet required standards
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with all safety procedures, rules and regulations
- All other duties assigned
- Minimum 3 year experience welding in a manufacturing environment is required
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures of welding
- Competent at basic dimensional measuring and math; as well as the ability to quickly learn the use of precision measurement tools
- Ability to work under limited supervision
Ability to work independently and with a team
- Routinely sitting, walking, standing, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, stooping, reaching and handling
- Working near moving mechanical parts; near noise routinely, and exposed to outdoor elements
Pre-employment drug screens required.
EEO/Drug Free Workplace.
Please contact Human Resources at HR@superiorbins.com if you have any questions or need assistance.
To apply for a position, please send a completed Employment Application and/or a resume to HR@superiorbins.com.
*Please note what position you are applying for in the subject line of email.
We offer competitive wages and benefits package, including: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Health Savings Account, AFLAC products, Paid Time Off, Funeral Pay, Holiday Pay, 401k Retirement