Unstiffened hopper bins – 15′ to 27′
Superior unstiffened hopper bins are a reliable conditioning and storage system that allows for easy unloading. They are available in 15 to 27-foot diameters and offer capacities of 1,836 to 11,769 bushels. Call us at 866-822-9145 for a free quote on the most reliable hopper bins in the industry.
The closer you look the bigger the Superior advantages get
- Roof Load: Superior’s roofs can withstand ground snow loads of 40 pounds per square foot and winds up to 90 mph. Unstiffened hopper bins come standard with an 8,000lb peak roof load.
- Roof Ribs: 3-1/2-inch-deep rigidized roof ribs are locked to the roof wind ring, so the roof acts as a single, dynamic unit.
- Corrugation: The flat portion of the roof panel is corrugated for additional strength and finished with a formed drip edge.
- Roof Vents: Pre-punched 20-by-20-inch roof vents are made from a high-molecular-weight polyethylene that is injected with a U.V. inhibitor prior to fabrication. A 1-inch tall ridge surrounding the vent hole prevents moisture from entering the bin.
- Continuous Eave Angle: The continuous eave angle spreads the roof load evenly onto the sidewall sheets.
- Bird Clips: Push-up bird clips on eave angles minimize parts and labor.
- Wind Rings: Individual pipe sections are clamped and fastened to the roof with a locking bracket at every rib. This adds security and durability by eliminating twisting and displacement.
- Formed Peak Ring: Superior’s formed peak ring has three breaks instead of one to resist deformation. The roof panel rests on the peak ring and is pressed into a foam closure to seal it against wind-driven snow or rain.
- Roof Ladder Package: A roof ladder is standard on all Superior bins. For additional safety, add an optional roof ladder handrail package.
- Remote Opener: (Standard) A ground control remote opener is standard on all hopper bins.
- Exterior Ladder: (Optional) An exterior ladder is optional on all hopper bins.
- Grade 50 Steel: Superior bins use Grade 50 steel that has a tensile strength up to 65,000 psi.
- G-90 Bright Galvanization: A G-90 bright galvanized steel coating provides enduring protection against the elements.
- JS500 Grade 8.2 Bolts: All bins come standard with JS500 grade 8.2 bolts, which are seven times more resistant for exceptional protection compared to standard galvanized bolts.
- 3/8-inch Bolts: Superior uses 3/8-inch bolts on all hopper bin sidewall sheets, making the bin easier to erect and stronger than the competition.